This is how I would go about publishing my own ebook if I was just starting out. There is zero cost to use the below mentioned writing editor and formatting tool. The only cost would be an editor and ebook cover creator.
- Write the book in Reedsy.com‘s free editor.
- After writing a couple thousand words I’d have someone read it and ask them if they want to read more. IE, is it hooking them? If so, continue writing that story. If they’re not liking it enough to want to read more, start over or revise until they do want to read more.
- Have your ebook cover made. Use my cover designer Shayne because she’s awesome.
- After you’ve finished writing your book, download a docx file from Reedsy to send to an editor. You can use a Reedsy editor or your own. That’s how they make their money, recommending editors, cover designers and other professionals and taking a percentage.
- After your editor has finished editing your manuscript and returned it to you, upload it to Reedsy. Use Reedsy’s free formatting tool to create an epub for Amazon KDP so you can publish your ebook there. Learn how to publish a book at Amazon by clicking here.
- Join 20booksto50k on Facebook.
Everything else you need to know about self-publishing and making money selling books is available there for free. There are many members there that make a nice living writing books and are willing to share their knowledge for the greater good.